Main areas of investment are:
- Fruit Processing Plants.
- Apple Treatment Plants.
- Date Processing Plants.
- Tomato Paste Manufacturing.
- Fried/ Dried Onion Plants.
- Cut-flower Business & Floriculture.
- Plantation of Palm Trees and Processing.
- Cool Chains.
Date Processing Plant
- In 1996-97 only, 60,905 tonnes of dates worth US $25 million were exported.
- The share of dried dates in this amount being 70%.
- 11% of the production was exported in 1997.
Area in Hectares
- Apple is an important crop in Balochistan in terms of the people employed, the value of the output, and the revenue it generates.
- The apple export of Pakistan during the last five years is only on the average: 2,960 tonnes per year constituting just 0.5% of its total production.
- Main Reason for low export volume is the absence of a treatment plants required to treat and pack the fruit according to the International Market Requirements.
Oil Palms Cultivation And Subsequent Processing
- Pakistan imported 1.2 metric tonnes of palm oil annually and it was being increased by 16%, annually.
- Pakistan is totally dependent on imports to cover its demand of palm oil.
- Low cost import substitution product.
- Any potential investment company can provide semi-refined form of palm oil to the local market through an oil expeller unit.
- To develop Farm-to-Market Infrastructure.
- To promote the exports of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- To Attain the maximum value for the produce of Balochistan.